This week, I have decided to dedicate to a very special upgrade that I have done on Larry that has taken a span of 23 hours, divided up into two days. I have been wanting to needle punch in Larry’s sideburns for quite some time now, but seeing that his eyebrows took 8 hours, I was weary of the daunting and lengthy task. However, one day during my recovery, I decided to just go for it and I am very glad that I did. In today’s post, I will be showing the photographs of what Larry’s sideburns looked like before the upgrade, as he had sideburn wigs that were glued on for the past year which I had found on Amazon at a great price.
Over the past year, the adhesive had begun to dry, flake and peel, also causing the sideburn wigs to come loose around the edges. I knew that I wanted something more permanent and realistic looking so that Larry can become as “human” as possible. At first, I had attached his sideburns with some Clear Sealer, made by a friend of mine especially for TPE dolls (however this friend has all but disappeared from the planet and so I can no longer obtain this adhesive), then I worked with Spirit Gum (which you can buy online or at your local costume/party store). But again, my ultimate goal was to needle punch by hand each individual strand for the more realistic look. He is truly one of my works of art and I love upgrading him as much as I can, when I can.